- Published Mar 16th
- Ready In4h 31m
Low-Carb Cream of Broccoli Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Low-Carb Cream of Broccoli Soup for 16 servings:
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon minced onion flakes
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken chunks, or more to taste
- 3 heads broccoli, broken into florets
Low-Carb Cream of Broccoli Soup Cooking Instructions
- Cook4h 16m
- Ready In4h 31m
To cook Low-Carb Cream of Broccoli Soup, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Low-Carb Cream of Broccoli Soup is about 4 hours 16 minutes , and you can serve your Low-Carb Cream of Broccoli Soup within 4 hours 31 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Low-Carb Cream of Broccoli Soup easily:
- 1 Combine chicken broth, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, butter, and onion flakes in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir until smooth, 3 to 5 minutes. Add heavy cream and chicken; bring to a gentle simmer.
- 2 Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a colander to drain excess moisture.
- 3 Pour chicken broth mixture into a slow cooker; add broccoli.
- 4 Cook on Low until flavors combine, about 4 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- Frozen broccoli can be used but I find it too strong.
- This soup can be eaten right away but it's much better if it's cooked in the slow cooker for several hours to allow the flavors to blend.
Per Serving: 258 calories; 22.8 grams of fat; 5.5 grams of carbohydrates; 9.1 grams of protein; 83 milligrams of cholesterol; 458 milligrams of sodium.