Easy and delicious, low-carb, no-dairy, cauliflower soup. Hit that thing with some hot sauce, if you like.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced, or more to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- ¼ avocado
- 1 Place cauliflower florets into a bowl of lightly salted water and soak for 20 minutes.
- 2 Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- 3 Broil in the preheated oven until brown on top, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic in the hot oil until translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add broth, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Let simmer until cauliflower is ready.
- 5 Stir cauliflower into the broth with cashews and tahini. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add avocado and blend using an immersion blender. Serve.
- Calories 159.1
- Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 4 mg
- Fat 12.5 g
- Fiber 3.1 g
- Protein 4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Sodium 865 mg
- Sugar 3.5 g