- Published Jun 19th
- Ready In49m
Low-Carb Salisbury Steak Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Low-Carb Salisbury Steak for 6 servings:
- Salisbury Steaks:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Low-Carb Salisbury Steak Cooking Instructions
- Ready In49m
To cook Low-Carb Salisbury Steak, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Low-Carb Salisbury Steak is about 39 minutes , and you can serve your Low-Carb Salisbury Steak within 49 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Low-Carb Salisbury Steak easily:
- 1 Mix ground beef, onion, eggs, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, parsley, 2 teaspoons salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together in a bowl. Split steak mixture into 6 portions and form into patties.
- 2 Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties, 3 at a time, until slightly browned on one side, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook until other side is browned, about 5 minutes more. Repeat with remaining patties, pouring off any excess liquid. Place Salisbury steaks on a plate and cover with aluminum foil to maintain heat.
- 3 Melt butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a bowl, reserving butter in the skillet.
- 4 Stir flour into the butter until dissolved. Pour in beef broth slowly, stirring until thickened, about 7 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce; cook, stirring frequently, until gravy starts to thicken slightly, about 5 minutes. Add sour cream and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until all sour cream is melted and gravy is light brown, about 2 minutes.
- 5 Stir mushrooms back into the gravy. Remove from heat and let cool until thickened, about 2 minutes. Ladle gravy and mushrooms over steak patties.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use high-fat ground beef if possible.
- You can also keep steaks warm in the oven.
Per Serving: 536 calories; 42.9 grams of fat; 7.5 grams of carbohydrates; 29.7 grams of protein; 199 milligrams of cholesterol; 1190 milligrams of sodium.