A twist to the twice-baked potato, for those looking for an alternative.
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 ½ cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup bacon bits (such as Hormel®)
- ½ (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup low-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup minced green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until tender, but not overly soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well and transfer cauliflower to a large bowl. Mash, using a potato masher, leaving some chunks.
- 3 Reserve 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and 1 tablespoon bacon bits. Mix remaining Cheddar cheese, remaining bacon bits, cream cheese, sour cream, green onions, butter, salt, and pepper into the mashed cauliflower in the bowl. Transfer mixture to an 8-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle reserved Cheddar cheese and bacon bits on top.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until hot and bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Calories 240.4
- Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Fat 15.6 g
- Fiber 3.6 g
- Protein 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Sodium 639.9 mg
- Sugar 3.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.