I was messin’ around in my kitchen trying to put a twist on my traditional macaroni salad recipe. I tried several different dishes before I came up with this one. Now my friends and family can’t get enough of it! I recommend making it a day ahead and chilling it overnight to really develop the flavors.
- 1 (16 ounce) package small seashell pasta
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large Vidalia or sweet onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- 1 pound diced cooked ham
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta, but do not rinse. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 2 To make the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- 3 Combine the onion, celery, bell pepper, carrots, and ham in a large bowl. Stir in the dressing. Add the pasta and toss gently to blend all ingredients. Chill at least 4 hours before serving.
- Calories 581.9
- Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Cholesterol 43.9 mg
- Fat 29.2 g
- Fiber 2.9 g
- Protein 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Sodium 1415.5 mg
- Sugar 20.3 g