- Published Apr 1st
- Ready In30m
Machhere Jhol (Bengali Fish Curry) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Machhere Jhol (Bengali Fish Curry) for 4 servings:
- 2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds thick whitefish fillets, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
Machhere Jhol (Bengali Fish Curry) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Machhere Jhol (Bengali Fish Curry), you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Machhere Jhol (Bengali Fish Curry) is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Machhere Jhol (Bengali Fish Curry) within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Machhere Jhol (Bengali Fish Curry) easily:
- 1 Bring the tomatoes, cumin, turmeric, salt, and water to a boil in a four quart saucepan; reduce heat to medium and maintain a simmer.
- 2 Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook the fish in the oiled skillet until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to the saucepan.
- 3 Heat a separate skillet over medium heat, and toast the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, black cumin seeds, fennel seeds, and fenugreek seeds until fragrant, just a few seconds. Stir the spices into the saucepan. Simmer until the flavors integrate, about 10 minutes more. Serve hot.
Per Serving: 367 calories; 17.6 grams of fat; 5.7 grams of carbohydrates; 44.8 grams of protein; 136 milligrams of cholesterol; 418 milligrams of sodium.