- Published Dec 31st
- Ready In1h 5m
Macho Minestrone Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Macho Minestrone for 12 servings:
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 pound bulk mild Italian sausage
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 zucchinis, halved lengthwise and sliced into half-moons
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup ditalini pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Macho Minestrone Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 5m
To cook Macho Minestrone, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Macho Minestrone is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Macho Minestrone within 1 hour 5 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Macho Minestrone easily:
- 1 Heat about 1/4 cup olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir Italian sausage in hot oil until about half browned, about 5 minutes. Add carrots, celery, and onion; continue to cook and stir until the sausage is completely browned, about 5 minutes more. Drain and discard some of the fat if you find it too greasy.
- 2 Stir potatoes into the sausage mixture, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the potatoes begin to soften, about 7 minutes more.
- 3 Pour chicken broth and water into the pot. Bring the liquid to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a flat-edged spoon. Add tomatoes and again bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the potatoes are completely soft, about 15 minutes.
- 4 Stir zucchini and kale into the liquid; simmer until zucchini is soft, about 10 minutes.
- 5 Stir cannellini beans and ditalini pasta into the liquid; cook until pasta is tender, about 5 minutes. Ladle into bowls and garnish with Parmesan cheese and splash of olive oil.
Per Serving: 325 calories; 14.9 grams of fat; 35.3 grams of carbohydrates; 12.8 grams of protein; 19 milligrams of cholesterol; 906 milligrams of sodium.