- Published Aug 13th
- Ready In1h
Marinated, pan-cooked Mahi with sauteed mushrooms and grape tomatoes. Serve it with a salad and some bread. YUM! You can marinate overnight; then it only takes a few minutes to get ready before cooking. Oyster mushrooms are my favorites, but criminis work well also. I use both yellow and red grape tomatoes.
Mahi and Mushrooms Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Mahi and Mushrooms for 2 servings:
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot, or more to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (4 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh oyster mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1/2 cup halved yellow and red grape tomatoes, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
Mahi and Mushrooms Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Mahi and Mushrooms, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Mahi and Mushrooms is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Mahi and Mushrooms within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Mahi and Mushrooms easily:
- 1 Mix the garlic, shallot, red pepper flakes, and 2 tablespoons olive oil together in a shallow dish.
- 2 Lay the mahi mahi fillets in the olive oil mixture; turn to coat.
- 3 Season the fillets with salt and black pepper.
- 4 Transfer the dish to the refrigerator and allow the fillets to marinate 30 minutes to overnight.
- 5 Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6 Cook and stir the oyster mushrooms in the hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes; season with salt and black pepper.
- 7 Pour the white wine over the mushrooms; bring to a simmer and allow to cook while you prepare the mahi mahi.
- 8 Remove the mahi mahi fillets from the marinade; shake to remove any excess marinade.
- 9 Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- 10 Gently lay the fillets in the hot skillet; cook about 5 minutes. Pour the marinade over the fillets and continue cooking until the fish is just beginning to flake in the center; remove from heat, transfer to a serving dish, and keep warm.
- 11 Add the tomatoes and butter to the mushroom and wine mixture. Cook and stir together just until the butter has melted; spoon over the mahi mahi fillets to serve.
Per Serving: 363 calories; 25.2 grams of fat; 6.4 grams of carbohydrates; 22.6 grams of protein; 97 milligrams of cholesterol; 152 milligrams of sodium.