Can’t find a pot pie with fish? Try this one out! This recipe has mahi mahi in a flaky crust. Watch out for bones!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ pounds mahi mahi fillets
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- ½ cup milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables (with potatoes), drained
- 2 (9 inch) deep dish pie crusts
- 1 Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3 Season the mahi mahi fillets with the thyme, salt, and black pepper; lay the seasoned fillets in the hot skillet. Cover the skillet and cook the fillets for 7 minutes, turn the fillets, and continue cooking the other side until the flesh flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 4 Remove the mahi mahi to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces, removing any visible bones as you notice them.
- 5 Stir the cream of potato soup, milk, and mixed vegetables together in a saucepan over medium heat; season with salt and pepper. Allow the mixture to simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- 6 Gently fold the mahi mahi pieces into the soup mixture.
- 7 Line a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with one of the prepared pie crusts.
- 8 Pour the soup mixture with the mahi mahi into the pie crust.
- 9 Lay the remaining pie crust atop the assembled pie. Seal the edges with wet fingertips.
- 10 Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is a golden brown and the pie is heated through, 40 to 45 minutes. Allow to cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Calories 688.8
- Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Cholesterol 109.9 mg
- Fat 32.7 g
- Fiber 8.6 g
- Protein 29 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Sodium 1148.5 mg
- Sugar 1 g