Grilled veal burgers seasoned with fresh basil and mustard are served atop grilled red peppers in toasted crusty rolls.
- 1 pound ground veal
- 4 crusty bread rolls, split
- ¼ cup lightly packed chopped fresh basil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Maille® Old Style Mustard, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 Remove some bread from cut sides of top half of rolls, creating a pocket.
- 2 Place in food processor or blender. Pulse to form fine crumbs. Reserve 1/4 cup crumbs for burgers.
- 3 Combine ground veal, bread crumbs, basil, egg, 1 Tbsp mustard and black pepper in large bowl, mixing thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- 4 Place patties and bell pepper on oiled grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- 5 Grill veal, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, turning occasionally. Grill peppers 7 to 11 minutes until tender, turning occasionally. Spread remaining 1 Tbsp mustard on bottom half of rolls. Place rolls, cut sides down on grid. Grill until lightly toasted.
- 6 Cut pepper quarters in half lengthwise; place on roll bottoms.
- 7 Top with burgers. Close sandwiches.
- Calories 251.8
- Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Fat 8.1 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Sodium 427.8 mg
- Sugar 2 g