Make your mornings a little easier with this make-ahead breakfast enchilada recipe with Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Sausage.
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1 (1-pound) package Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Sausage
- 6 large eggs, scrambled
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar or Mexican-blend cheese, divided
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 6 (6 inch) corn or flour tortillas
- 4 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 1 Spray a large (9x13) baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 3 In a small frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds. Add Jimmy Dean sausage and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until browned, stirring frequently to break up the sausage into small pieces, then drain. Remove the sausage and set aside.
- 4 In a bowl, mix the cooked sausage, scrambled eggs, 1 cup of shredded cheese, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add roughly 1/4 cup of the mixture to each tortilla, then gently roll them and place in the baking dish. The bottom edge of each roll should be on the bottom of the dish so that the tortilla won't unroll while baking. Fill the baking dish with rolled tortillas.
- 5 Pour enchilada sauce evenly over the tortillas. Add the remaining cup of cheese. Place in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
- 6 Allow the dish to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.