- Published May 21st
- Ready In1h 15m
Make-Ahead Freezer Chicken Parmesan Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Make-Ahead Freezer Chicken Parmesan for 4 servings:
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Make-Ahead Freezer Chicken Parmesan Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 15m
To cook Make-Ahead Freezer Chicken Parmesan, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Make-Ahead Freezer Chicken Parmesan is about 40 minutes , and you can serve your Make-Ahead Freezer Chicken Parmesan within 1 hour 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Make-Ahead Freezer Chicken Parmesan easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- 2 Pound chicken breasts to 1/2-inch thickness or less.
- 3 Place beaten egg in a bowl. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in another bowl. Dip each chicken breast in egg, then roll in bread crumb mixture to coat evenly. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Turn and continue to cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 10 minutes more. Let cool, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 5 Freeze in a 1-gallon resealable bag with smaller bags of tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- 6 To serve: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Reheat chicken at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) until heated through and crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Top chicken with tomato sauce, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and bake until cheese is melted, an additional 3 minutes.
Per Serving: 259 calories; 8.7 grams of fat; 10.7 grams of carbohydrates; 33.3 grams of protein; 127 milligrams of cholesterol; 603 milligrams of sodium.