I have used this basic principle and adapted it to make stuffed shells and lasagna. If making lasagna, I buy a second, smaller jar of spaghetti sauce. I always feel like I need a bit more. Merry Manicotti!
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 manicotti shells
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta cheese and eggs until blended. Stir in spinach, mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, sugar, salt and pepper. Stuff mixture into uncooked pasta shells.
- 2 Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a medium baking dish. Arrange stuffed pasta shells in a single layer over the sauce. Pour the remainder of the sauce over the shells, cover dish, and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight.
- 3 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake covered for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Calories 506.6
- Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Cholesterol 112.3 mg
- Fat 19.1 g
- Fiber 6.4 g
- Protein 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Sodium 1057.8 mg
- Sugar 18.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.