A delicious mixture of cream cheese, chopped spinach, and feta cheese is rolled up in phyllo sheets and baked for a delicious appetizer that can be prepared ahead or even frozen.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 cup ATHENOS Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) tub PHILADELPHIA Garden Vegetable 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese
- 4 medium (4-1/8" long)s green onions, finely chopped
- 15 sheets frozen phyllo dough (14x9), thawed
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 Mix first 5 ingredients until well blended. Brush 1 phyllo sheet lightly with butter; top with 2 more phyllo sheets, lightly brushing each layer with some of the remaining butter. Place remaining phyllo between sheets of plastic wrap; set aside.
- 2 Spread 1/5 of the spinach mixture along one short side of phyllo stack. Fold in long sides of phyllo; roll up from one short side to make log. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and spinach mixture. Brush with remaining butter. Make small cuts in tops of logs at 1-inch intervals. Place in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bags or wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- 3 Freeze up to 3 months. When ready to bake, remove desired number of logs from freezer. Refrigerate, tightly wrapped, several hours or overnight until thawed. Unwrap, then place on baking sheet. Bake in 375 degrees F oven for 25 min. or until golden brown. Cool 5 min. Transfer to cutting board. Use serrated knife to cut each log into 6 slices.
- Calories 65.5
- Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Fat 3.9 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Sodium 128.9 mg
- Sugar 0.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.