- Published Sep 11th
- Ready In1h 25m
Mama’s Old-Fashioned Albondigas (Meatball Soup) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Mama’s Old-Fashioned Albondigas (Meatball Soup) for 12 servings:
- 1 gallon water
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 4 tablespoons chicken bouillon (such as Knorr®)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt (such as Season-All®)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 small baby potatoes
- 5 large carrots, sliced diagonally
- 5 stalks celery, sliced diagonally
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups thickly shredded green cabbage
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges (optional)
- 2 avocados, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Mama’s Old-Fashioned Albondigas (Meatball Soup) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 25m
To cook Mama’s Old-Fashioned Albondigas (Meatball Soup), you need about 40 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Mama’s Old-Fashioned Albondigas (Meatball Soup) is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Mama’s Old-Fashioned Albondigas (Meatball Soup) within 1 hour 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Mama’s Old-Fashioned Albondigas (Meatball Soup) easily:
- 1 Pour water into a large stockpot over high heat. Stir in 3 cups tomato sauce, yellow onion, chicken bouillon, garlic, and 1 tablespoon dried oregano. Bring broth to a slow boil.
- 2 Combine ground beef, eggs, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, white rice, 1/4 cup cilantro, seasoned salt, 1 tablespoon dried oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and cumin in a large bowl. Squeeze mixture with your hands until thoroughly mixed.
- 3 Scoop 1/4 cup of beef mixture and form in a ball. Lower gently into boiling broth. Repeat with remaining beef mixture.
- 4 Stir potatoes, carrots, and celery into the broth. Cover and simmer until meatballs and potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in zucchini and cabbage. Cover and simmer until cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes.
- 5 Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and garnish with avocado and 1/4 cup cilantro.
- Cook's Notes:
- Vegetables can be varied to your liking (corn, bell peppers, squash, etc).
- Lean ground beef is preferred for a healthier, less fatty stock. Chicken broth can be substituted for the water and chicken bouillon for a richer stock, if preferred.
Per Serving: 369 calories; 15.3 grams of fat; 29.5 grams of carbohydrates; 29.2 grams of protein; 128 milligrams of cholesterol; 1125 milligrams of sodium.