- Published Aug 14th
- Ready In1h
This is very traditional southern comfort food always cooked in a big bowl. My grandmother passed down her ‘cobbler bowl’ to me that she got from her grandmother.
Mama’s Texas-Style Peach Cobbler Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Mama’s Texas-Style Peach Cobbler for 6 servings:
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 (28 ounce) can sliced cling peaches in heavy syrup
Mama’s Texas-Style Peach Cobbler Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Mama’s Texas-Style Peach Cobbler, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Mama’s Texas-Style Peach Cobbler is about 50 minutes , and you can serve your Mama’s Texas-Style Peach Cobbler within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Mama’s Texas-Style Peach Cobbler easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Mix self-rising flour and sugar in a bowl. Stir milk into the flour mixture.
- 3 Pour melted butter in an oven-safe bowl. Pour flour mixture over melted butter. Layer peaches in heavy syrup atop flour mixture. Do not stir!
- 4 Bake in preheated oven until peaches are bubbly and crust is lightly browned, 50 to 60 minutes.
Per Serving: 553 calories; 31.7 grams of fat; 66 grams of carbohydrates; 4.6 grams of protein; 85 milligrams of cholesterol; 504 milligrams of sodium.