- Published Jun 2nd
- Ready In45m
Mandy’s Crab Stuffed Zucchini Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Mandy’s Crab Stuffed Zucchini for 4 servings:
- 4 zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pound crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, or as needed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
Mandy’s Crab Stuffed Zucchini Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Mandy’s Crab Stuffed Zucchini, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Mandy’s Crab Stuffed Zucchini is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Mandy’s Crab Stuffed Zucchini within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Mandy’s Crab Stuffed Zucchini easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Slice the zucchini in half the long way, and scoop out the seeds and flesh, leaving a 1/2-inch thick shell all around. Discard flesh, or save for another use. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and immerse the zucchini boats in the boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove from the water, drain, and place into a 9x12-inch baking dish. With a paper towel, blot away any excess water from the inside of the zucchini.
- 3 Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the onion, garlic, and green pepper until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Gently stir in the crabmeat, and cook about 5 more minutes, until the crabmeat is hot. Keep the crabmeat in lump pieces as much as possible. Season the crab mixture with paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- 4 Place the crab mixture into a mixing bowl, and lightly stir in bread crumbs, mayonnaise, and white wine. Add a bit more mayonnaise to help the mixture hold together, if needed. Spoon the filling into the prepared zucchini shells, and brush each zucchini with about 3/4 tablespoon of melted butter. Top each stuffed zucchini with 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese melts and the filling is hot, about 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 526 calories; 28.4 grams of fat; 30.1 grams of carbohydrates; 35.4 grams of protein; 129 milligrams of cholesterol; 1203 milligrams of sodium.