- Published Mar 5th
- Ready In35m
Maple Butter Tarts Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Maple Butter Tarts for 16 servings:
- 16 (3 inch) unbaked tart shells
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
Maple Butter Tarts Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Maple Butter Tarts, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Maple Butter Tarts is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Maple Butter Tarts within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Maple Butter Tarts easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Place tart shells on a baking sheet; sprinkle raisins evenly into the bottom of tart shells.
- 3 Beat brown sugar and butter together in a bowl until smooth; whisk in eggs, maple syrup, flour, vanilla extract, and salt. Fill each tart shell 3/4 full with maple syrup mixture.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until filling is set and shells are golden, about 16 minutes. Turn the baking sheet halfway through the baking time for even baking.
- Cook's Notes:
- For the pastry, I use the recipe on the Tenderflake® shortening package, and freeze any leftover dough. You can also purchase ready-to-bake tart shells in the freezer section of the grocery store.
- If you like, soak the raisins in your favorite rum before adding them to the tart shells.
- If you prefer a tart which oozes its filling, omit the 1 tablespoon flour from the filling.
- Editor's Note:
- If using homemade pastry, roll dough out to 1/8-inch thickness; cut circles large enough to fit into the bottom and partway up sides of the wells of a muffin tin, using a round biscuit cutter. Press circles lightly into the wells of muffin tin to form tart shells.
Per Serving: 258 calories; 10 grams of fat; 40.7 grams of carbohydrates; 2.6 grams of protein; 31 milligrams of cholesterol; 133 milligrams of sodium.