- Published Mar 5th
- Ready In35m
These are a big hit every time I make them. They are an addition to a basket donated at a local fundraiser full of maple products. Sweet with a smooth flavor, they pair well with your favorite vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
Maple Butter Tarts Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Maple Butter Tarts for 16 servings:
- 16 (3 inch) unbaked tart shells
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
Maple Butter Tarts Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Maple Butter Tarts, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Maple Butter Tarts is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Maple Butter Tarts within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Maple Butter Tarts easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Place tart shells on a baking sheet; sprinkle raisins evenly into the bottom of tart shells.
- 3 Beat brown sugar and butter together in a bowl until smooth; whisk in eggs, maple syrup, flour, vanilla extract, and salt. Fill each tart shell 3/4 full with maple syrup mixture.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until filling is set and shells are golden, about 16 minutes. Turn the baking sheet halfway through the baking time for even baking.
- Cook's Notes:
- For the pastry, I use the recipe on the Tenderflake® shortening package, and freeze any leftover dough. You can also purchase ready-to-bake tart shells in the freezer section of the grocery store.
- If you like, soak the raisins in your favorite rum before adding them to the tart shells.
- If you prefer a tart which oozes its filling, omit the 1 tablespoon flour from the filling.
- Editor's Note:
- If using homemade pastry, roll dough out to 1/8-inch thickness; cut circles large enough to fit into the bottom and partway up sides of the wells of a muffin tin, using a round biscuit cutter. Press circles lightly into the wells of muffin tin to form tart shells.
Per Serving: 258 calories; 10 grams of fat; 40.7 grams of carbohydrates; 2.6 grams of protein; 31 milligrams of cholesterol; 133 milligrams of sodium.