There are sorbets, and then there are sorbets with benefits. This sorbet, inspired by the classic cocktail, is one of those. Besides being delicious, refreshing, and easy to make, this gives you a low-key buzz, as there’s just enough tequila to make you grin, but not enough to make you giggle.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 medium limes, zested
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- ⅓ cup tequila
- coarse-grain sea salt for rim of glass
- lime wedges for garnish
- 1 Pour sugar into a saucepan, add lime zest, and shake to combine. Let sit for at least 1 hour.
- 2 Add water to the pan and place over medium-high heat. Stir over the heat until the mixture is clear and very hot, but not quite simmering yet. Remove from heat and strain the lime syrup into a container. Let cool all the way to room temperature.
- 3 Stir in freshly squeezed lime juice, triple sec, and tequila. Refrigerate mixture until ice cold before transferring into your ice cream machine.
- 4 Churn sorbet according to machine directions, and then transfer into an airtight container. Freeze thoroughly before serving. Overnight is best.
- 5 Serve in a salt-rimmed glass, with a small wedge of lime if desired. More tequila can be drizzled over the top, depending on your mood.
- Calories 272.7
- Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Fat 0.2 g
- Fiber 2.1 g
- Protein 0.7 g
- Sodium 8.1 mg
- Sugar 52.1 g