I make eggs in a mug quite often. It’s easy and so versatile you can add pretty much anything that’s in your fridge! Try it with ham, swiss and asparagus! Or maybe those cooked frozen sausages cut up with peppers and onions! You can even top it with pizza sauce and pepperoni!
- 1 tablespoon butter, or as needed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 leaves fresh basil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- 1 Brush the inside of a microwave-safe mug with butter.
- 2 Crack eggs into mug and top with ricotta cheese, tomatoes, and basil; season with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- 3 Cook in the microwave for 1 minute; stir and continue cooking in 15-second intervals, until set, about 1 minute more. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over eggs.
- Calories 321.1
- Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 415.8 mg
- Fat 25.2 g
- Fiber 0.9 g
- Protein 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Sodium 574.7 mg
- Sugar 2.5 g