This is a simple and flavorful fish dish.
- 2 (4 ounce) fillets flounder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1 Place flounder fillets in a small glass dish. Mix lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and paprika in a small bowl; pour over flounder fillets. Cover dish with plastic wrap and marinate flounder in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 2 Mix flour, dill weed, and cayenne pepper together on a piece of waxed paper.
- 3 Beat egg and water together in a wide bowl.
- 4 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 5 Gently press the flounder fillets into the flour mixture to coat; shake to remove excess flour. Dip into the beaten egg to coat and immediately return to the flour mixture to coat.
- 6 Fry flounder in hot oil until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 minutes per side.
- Calories 1344.8
- Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Cholesterol 152.9 mg
- Fat 123.5 g
- Fiber 2.1 g
- Protein 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17 g
- Sodium 202.6 mg
- Sugar 1.2 g