The marinade for these olives give them a Mediterranean flavor; it’s made with fennel seeds, thyme, and rosemary.
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pitted green olives
- 1 (5 ounce) jar pitted kalamata olives, drained
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon fennel seed
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 Place olives in a colander, and rinse in cool, running water. Rinse the olive jars out with water.
- 2 In a large mixing bowl, combine bay leaves, rosemary, fennel, thyme, and white vinegar. Add olives, and toss until olives are coated. Place the mixture into the two jars; make sure each jar gets one bay leaf. Fill any empty space in the jars up with water. Cap jar, and shake well. Refrigerate for at least 2 days.
- Calories 33.1
- Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Fat 3.3 g
- Fiber 0.2 g
- Protein 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Sodium 383 mg