- Published Mar 3rd
- Ready In2h 15m
Since the weather is warming up two things come to mind: what am I going to make with all those sweet berries and how can I avoid turning on my oven? This dessert is so fast and easy and looks cooked because we brulee sugar on top of the mascarpone. I’m not a big dessert person but this is my idea of the perfect finish to that early summer dinner.
Mascarpone Brulee with Fresh Berries Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Mascarpone Brulee with Fresh Berries for 4 servings:
- 1 pint whole strawberries, stems removed
- 1/2 pint fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 3 drops vanilla extract, or to taste (optional)
- 2 shortcakes, halved horizontally
- 4 teaspoons white sugar, or as needed
Mascarpone Brulee with Fresh Berries Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 15m
To cook Mascarpone Brulee with Fresh Berries, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The following are the steps to cook Mascarpone Brulee with Fresh Berries easily:
- 1 Mix strawberries, blackberries, 1/3 cup sugar, and orange juice together in a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 2 hours to overnight.
- 2 Stir mascarpone cheese, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl.
- 3 Spread mascarpone mixture over the top of each shortcake half; sprinkle about 1 teaspoon sugar over the top to cover. Caramelize the sugar using a kitchen torch, 20 to 30 seconds per shortcake. Place each shortcake in a shallow bowl and surround with berries and accumulated juices.
- Cook's Note:
- If you can't find fresh berries those mixed frozen berries will fill in nicely. You can substitute any berries for the blackberries.
- You can substitute cream cheese for the mascarpone. You can substitute plain scones for the shortcakes.
Per Serving: 486 calories; 31.1 grams of fat; 48.7 grams of carbohydrates; 7.2 grams of protein; 71 milligrams of cholesterol; 196 milligrams of sodium.