- Published Jan 29th
- Ready In1h 55m
Mashed Chipotle Sweet Potatoes Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Mashed Chipotle Sweet Potatoes for 8 servings:
- 5 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
Mashed Chipotle Sweet Potatoes Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 20m
- Ready In1h 55m
To cook Mashed Chipotle Sweet Potatoes, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Mashed Chipotle Sweet Potatoes is about 1 hour 20 minutes , and you can serve your Mashed Chipotle Sweet Potatoes within 1 hour 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Mashed Chipotle Sweet Potatoes easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 quart baking dish, and set aside. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- 2 Roast the sweet potatoes in preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove from the oven, and cool about 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 3 When sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half, and scoop flesh into a mixing bowl. Discard potato skins. Beat the sweet potatoes with the chipotle peppers, butter, and salt; spread evenly in the prepared baking dish. This can baked now or refrigerated until the next day.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- The sweet potatoes can be prepared one day in advance through Step 6. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to bake. Bring to room temperature and preheat oven before baking in Step 7.
Per Serving: 308 calories; 4.5 grams of fat; 62.9 grams of carbohydrates; 4.9 grams of protein; 11 milligrams of cholesterol; 472 milligrams of sodium.