This has become our favorite side dish to go with soups and main dishes. Doesn’t need much salt. Celery root is an awesome discovery for flavor – these are the best mashed potatoes I’ve ever tasted.
- 2 ½ pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large celery root, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup almond milk, divided
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Place potatoes and celery root in a large pot. Pour in enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and return to the pot. Cook over medium-high heat until dry, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 2 Pulse potatoes, celery root, and garlic in a food processor in batches, adding almond milk and olive oil as you pulse to reach desired consistency. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in chives, salt, and black pepper.
- Calories 220.5
- Carbohydrate 35 g
- Fat 7.6 g
- Fiber 5.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Sodium 264.1 mg
- Sugar 3.2 g