My dad’s famous tabbouleh recipe.
- 2 cups coarse bulgur, rinsed and drained
- 2 cucumbers, diced small
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 bunches fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, finely chopped
- 2 yellow onions, cut into small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¾ tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Place the bulgur in a large bowl and cover with water by 3 inches; soak for 45 minutes. Drain and squeeze to remove excess water.
- 2 Mix cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, green onions, yellow onions, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and ground black pepper together in a bowl.
- 3 Stir bulgur into cucumber mixture; toss. Refrigerate tabbouleh at least 5 hours before serving.
- Calories 305.9
- Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Fat 14.4 g
- Fiber 10.3 g
- Protein 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Sodium 683.9 mg
- Sugar 6.4 g