The herb rub lends delicious savory flavor to the outside of your turkey, while basting keeps the meat juicy inside. Reserve the pan juices to make gravy or serve with the turkey.
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Rubbed Sage or McCormick® Poultry Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Paprika
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- ¾ teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1 turkey (12 to 14 pounds), fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 6 McCormick® Bay Leaves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Place oven rack in lowest position. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place roasting rack in shallow roasting pan. Mix sage or poultry seasoning, paprika, seasoned salt, garlic powder, pepper and nutmeg in small bowl.
- 2 Rinse turkey; pat dry. Place turkey, breast-side up, in prepared pan. Sprinkle about half of the seasoning mixture inside of turkey. Stuff with onion and bay leaves. Brush turkey breast with oil. Spread remaining seasoning mixture over entire surface and under skin of turkey. Add 1/2 cup water to pan. Cover turkey loosely with heavy duty foil.
- 3 Roast 1 hour. Remove foil. Roast 2 to 2 1/2 hours longer or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (175 degrees F in thigh), basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove turkey from oven. Let stand 20 minutes. Transfer to platter or carving board to slice. Reserve pan juices to make gravy or to serve with turkey.
- Calories 815.2
- Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 312.7 mg
- Fat 38.5 g
- Fiber 0.6 g
- Protein 107.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Sodium 489.7 mg
- Sugar 0.7 g