I needed a meatloaf recipe that contained no tomatoes or tomato sauce. I created this recipe using a hint of hot sauce to avoid blandness. Serve with mashed potatoes and veggies.
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- ¾ cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- ¼ cup hot pepper sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (.75 ounce) packet dry brown gravy mix
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Mix onion, bell pepper, bread crumbs, hot pepper sauce, egg, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Add ground beef; mix.
- 3 Press beef mixture into a loaf pan. Sprinkle brown gravy mix over meat.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven until cooked through and browned, 1 hour. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Calories 395.6
- Carbohydrate 16 g
- Cholesterol 121.9 mg
- Fat 23.8 g
- Fiber 1.7 g
- Protein 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Sodium 978.6 mg
- Sugar 2.8 g