- Published Jun 2nd
- Ready In1h 20m
Mediterranean Meat Pies (Sfeeha) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Mediterranean Meat Pies (Sfeeha) for 18 servings:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground lamb
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 (17.3 ounce) packages frozen puff pastry, thawed
Mediterranean Meat Pies (Sfeeha) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 20m
To cook Mediterranean Meat Pies (Sfeeha), you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Mediterranean Meat Pies (Sfeeha) is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Mediterranean Meat Pies (Sfeeha) within 1 hour 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Mediterranean Meat Pies (Sfeeha) easily:
- 1 Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the ground beef and ground lamb, chopped onion, pine nuts, cinnamon, and salt and black pepper. Cook and stir until the meat is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- 2 Stir in the lemon juice; taste and adjust the seasonings, and let the meat mixture cool.
- 3 Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- 4 Roll out the thawed pastry sheets to about 1/8-inch thickness. Using a sharp 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out at least 9 rounds per sheet. Lightly brush the inside edges with a little water, and place about 2 teaspoons of filling into the middle of each round. Fold the pastry round in half to cover the filling and seal the edges well. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the remaining dough circles.
- 5 Brush each pie with a little egg wash. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Editor's Note
- For following halal rules, look for puff pastry dough that isn't made with lard.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 412 calories; 28.7 grams of fat; 26.4 grams of carbohydrates; 12.7 grams of protein; 34 milligrams of cholesterol; 162 milligrams of sodium.