- Published Dec 3rd
- Ready In35m
Mediterranean Rice Salad Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Mediterranean Rice Salad for 6 servings:
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup drained canned French style green beans
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 1 roasted red pepper, drained and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 dill pickle spear, diced
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Mediterranean Rice Salad Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Mediterranean Rice Salad, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Mediterranean Rice Salad is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Mediterranean Rice Salad within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Mediterranean Rice Salad easily:
- 1 Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in rice, and cook until lightly browned. Pour in the water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until all liquid has been absorbed.
- 2 In a large bowl, mix the green beans, olives, red pepper, green pepper, pickle, tomatoes, and garlic. Toss with the rice. Sprinkle with vinegar and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and toss to coat. Cover, and refrigerate 1 hour, or until completely cooled, before serving.
Per Serving: 229 calories; 9.7 grams of fat; 31.9 grams of carbohydrates; 3.6 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 607 milligrams of sodium.