This delicious blend of many robust ingredients will explode with flavor in your mouth. This was one of those nights where we sort of just opened the fridge to see what we had and this is what we ended up with. You can adjust any ingredients to suit your tastes. I used another couple cloves of garlic because our household loves it. You could easily add chicken to this dish as well. Enjoy!
- 1 (1 pound) package whole wheat penne pasta
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 7 pickled red peppers (such as Peppadew®), cut into strips
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, quartered
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain.
- 2 Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook and stir garlic in the hot oil just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir artichoke hearts, peppers, and olives into the skillet until flavors are blended, about 5 minutes. Gently fold the spinach into the mixture and stir just until slightly wilted and dark green.
- 3 Remove from heat and stir in penne pasta until thoroughly combined; lightly toss pasta mixture with feta cheese. Place a lid over the skillet and let the pasta and vegetables steam for 10 minutes before serving.
- Calories 367.1
- Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Fat 14.7 g
- Fiber 5.8 g
- Protein 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Sodium 346.7 mg
- Sugar 5 g