These are easy and delicious! Use them as an appetizer, or as a main dish. As an appetizer, serve with salsa. As a main dish, serve on a bed of lettuce with all the taco fixin’s you love.
- 1 (14 ounce) package egg roll wrappers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 2 cups shredded pepperjack cheese
- 4 cups oil for frying, or as needed
- 1 Crumble ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until evenly browned, and drain off grease. Add taco seasoning, and cook according to package directions. Set aside.
- 2 Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet, or preheat a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 3 Lay out one egg roll wrapper at a time, and place a little more than a tablespoon of the ground beef in the center. Top with a small spoonful of green chilies, and a little bit of shredded cheese. Roll up according to package instructions, and seal edges, wetting with water if necessary. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- 4 Fry the rolls in the hot oil until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oil to drain on paper towels. Serve hot and fresh.
- Calories 285.6
- Carbohydrate 19 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Fat 17.2 g
- Fiber 0.6 g
- Protein 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6 g
- Sodium 571.3 mg
- Sugar 0.7 g