Mexican grandma’s secret green spaghetti recipe… too good not to share.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 4 large green bell peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 1 cup water, or more as needed
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter, or more to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or more to taste
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2 Combine bell peppers, water, chicken bouillon, and garlic in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook until peppers are soft, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- 3 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter.
- 4 Fill blender halfway with the pepper-broth mixture. Cover and hold lid down with a potholder; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Pour into a bowl. Repeat with any remaining mixture. Stir in sour cream.
- 5 Line the bottom of the baking dish with a layer of the spaghetti. Spread a portion of the pepper puree on top and add a layer of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering spaghetti, pepper puree, and cheese until all ingredients are used up.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Calories 397.3
- Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Cholesterol 38 mg
- Fat 16.6 g
- Fiber 3.2 g
- Protein 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10 g
- Sodium 422.5 mg
- Sugar 3.7 g