Hot, golden street corn that is both sweet and smoky with a bit of Mexican zip and zest.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ears corn, unhusked
- 4 limes
- ½ cup crumbled Cotija cheese (queso anejado)
- 1 Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- 2 Mix together chili powder, kosher salt, and cayenne in a small bowl. Set mixed seasonings aside.
- 3 Remove most of the silk while leaving 2 to 3 layers of husk on each ear of corn.
- 4 Cook corn on the preheated grill until husks are slightly charred, turning every 3 to 4 minutes, for 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool slightly. Remove husks carefully, leaving stems on as handles.
- 5 Squeeze 1/2 lime over each ear of corn. Sprinkle each with mixed seasonings to taste and top generously with Cotija cheese.
- Calories 170.2
- Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.7 mg
- Fat 4.6 g
- Fiber 5.5 g
- Protein 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Sodium 255.5 mg
- Sugar 5.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.