- Published Jun 1st
- Ready In20m
This recipe is for a vegan ‘queso’ sauce served over vegetables and rice. You will need a Vitamix® or equivalent for the queso.
Mexican Vegetable Rice Bowl Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Mexican Vegetable Rice Bowl for 2 servings:
- 4 teaspoons liquid amino acid (such as Bragg®), divided
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 large zucchini, diced small
- 2 large kale leaves, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/2 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup hot cooked brown rice
Mexican Vegetable Rice Bowl Cooking Instructions
- Ready In20m
To cook Mexican Vegetable Rice Bowl, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Mexican Vegetable Rice Bowl is about 5 minutes , and you can serve your Mexican Vegetable Rice Bowl within 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Mexican Vegetable Rice Bowl easily:
- 1 Stir 1 tablespoon liquid amino acid and onion powder together in a small bowl to dissolve the powder into liquid; pour into a large plastic resealable bag; add zucchini and kale and work the bag to coat vegetables with the marinade. Squeeze bag to remove excess air and seal. Marinate vegetables for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2 Blend coconut milk, macadamia nuts, cashews, nutritional yeast, chili powder, remaining liquid amino acid, cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes in a blender until smooth.
- 3 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour zucchini and kale from the plastic bag into the skillet; saute just until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4 Divide cooked rice between two bowls; top each portion with about half the vegetable mixture. Drizzle the blended sauce over the vegetables.
- Cook's Notes:
- Organic vegetables, nuts, seasonings, and rice are preferable, if available to you.
- Use your favorite wild rice in place of brown rice, if you like. Your favorite nut milk can be used in place of the coconut milk.
Per Serving: 772 calories; 59.1 grams of fat; 53.3 grams of carbohydrates; 22.1 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 469 milligrams of sodium.