Easy buttery cashew brittle made in the microwave in just about 10 minutes. Every time I make this it disappears very fast. Warning: once you start you can’t stop.
- 1 teaspoon butter, or as needed
- 2 cups salted roasted cashews
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Lightly butter a baking sheet with 1 teaspoon butter.
- 2 Mix cashews, sugar, and corn syrup in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Remove, stir, and microwave for another 3 minutes. Remove and add 1 tablespoon butter, vanilla extract, and butter flavoring; stir to combine. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- 3 Remove from the microwave and add baking soda; stir and fold until mixture is fluffy. Work quickly and spread mixture evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Let it sit until completely cooled. Break into pieces and keep in a airtight bag or container.
- Calories 740.3
- Carbohydrate 104 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Fat 35.6 g
- Fiber 2.1 g
- Protein 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Sodium 806.2 mg
- Sugar 64.5 g