- Published Aug 14th
- Ready In45m
Easy to make Risotto using the microwave. A lot of stirring is not necessary when making risotto in the microwave, it does most of the work.
Microwave Risotto Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Microwave Risotto for 6 servings:
- 3 cups hot chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground white or black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 cup uncooked medium grain white rice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Microwave Risotto Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Microwave Risotto, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Microwave Risotto is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Microwave Risotto within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Microwave Risotto easily:
- 1 Combine the chicken broth, salt and pepper in a saucepan, and bring to a simmer. Keep warm over low heat.
- 2 In a square baking dish, or glass pie plate, heat the butter and olive oil in the microwave for 2 minutes. Add the onion to the dish, and stir to coat. Cook in the microwave for 4 more minutes. Add the uncooked rice, and stir to coat with oil. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- 3 Pour the simmering chicken broth into the rice, and stir. Cook in the microwave for 9 minutes. Stir, then microwave for another 9 minutes. If you want a creamier risotto, add 1/4 cup of warm water, and cook for another 2 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese as soon as it comes out of the microwave, and serve.
- For a 750-watt microwave, use 100% power settings for each time interval. For 1000 or 1500-watt microwaves, use 70% power settings for each time interval.
Per Serving: 211 calories; 9.5 grams of fat; 27.3 grams of carbohydrates; 3.6 grams of protein; 13 milligrams of cholesterol; 273 milligrams of sodium.