- Published Aug 14th
- Ready In45m
Microwave Risotto Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Microwave Risotto for 6 servings:
- 3 cups hot chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground white or black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 cup uncooked medium grain white rice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Microwave Risotto Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Microwave Risotto, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Microwave Risotto is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Microwave Risotto within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Microwave Risotto easily:
- 1 Combine the chicken broth, salt and pepper in a saucepan, and bring to a simmer. Keep warm over low heat.
- 2 In a square baking dish, or glass pie plate, heat the butter and olive oil in the microwave for 2 minutes. Add the onion to the dish, and stir to coat. Cook in the microwave for 4 more minutes. Add the uncooked rice, and stir to coat with oil. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- 3 Pour the simmering chicken broth into the rice, and stir. Cook in the microwave for 9 minutes. Stir, then microwave for another 9 minutes. If you want a creamier risotto, add 1/4 cup of warm water, and cook for another 2 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese as soon as it comes out of the microwave, and serve.
- For a 750-watt microwave, use 100% power settings for each time interval. For 1000 or 1500-watt microwaves, use 70% power settings for each time interval.
Per Serving: 211 calories; 9.5 grams of fat; 27.3 grams of carbohydrates; 3.6 grams of protein; 13 milligrams of cholesterol; 273 milligrams of sodium.