Middle Eastern chickpea and black bean salad flavored with fresh herbs. Super simple and refreshing!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and fresh coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Stir chickpeas, black beans, tomatoes, red onion, parsley, and mint together in a large bowl.
- 2 Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt, and ground pepper together in a bowl; pour over chickpea mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate salad until flavors blend, about 30 minutes.
- Calories 265.9
- Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Fat 8.2 g
- Fiber 11.9 g
- Protein 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Sodium 665.5 mg
- Sugar 2.6 g