This is a great and healthy Middle Eastern dish. Simple and easy, it has just yogurt, ground meat and garlic plus pasta of course!
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti or penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 8 ounces ground beef or ground lean lamb
- ⅓ cup pine nuts or slivered almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat the corn oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the beef and cook until well browned, stirring frequently to break apart, about 7 minutes. Add the pine nuts, and cook for another minute until dark brown. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then remove from the heat, and drain off excess fat.
- 3 In a large bowl, crush the garlic into a smooth paste. Whisk the yogurt with the garlic until creamy and smooth. Once the pasta has been cooked and drained, place into a serving dish, and pour the yogurt over it. Top with the cooked meat and nuts while it is still hot.
- Calories 852.9
- Carbohydrate 95.1 g
- Cholesterol 55 mg
- Fat 36.9 g
- Fiber 4.6 g
- Protein 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Sodium 707.1 mg
- Sugar 11.7 g