- Published Jan 12th
- Ready In1h 40m
Mimi’s Smoked Salmon Chowder Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Mimi’s Smoked Salmon Chowder for 8 servings:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 pound potatoes - peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 cup half and half
Mimi’s Smoked Salmon Chowder Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 5m
- Ready In1h 40m
To cook Mimi’s Smoked Salmon Chowder, you need about 35 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Mimi’s Smoked Salmon Chowder is about 1 hour 5 minutes , and you can serve your Mimi’s Smoked Salmon Chowder within 1 hour 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Mimi’s Smoked Salmon Chowder easily:
- 1 In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, combine the butter, olive oil, onion, garlic, and celery. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until the onions are transparent. Sprinkle flour over the mixture and stir well to make a dry roux. Gradually add the chicken broth and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in the potatoes, dill, tarragon, thyme, and paprika. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2 Stir in the salmon, wine, lemon juice, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Simmer over low heat, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 3 Mix in the half-and-half and continue to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not let the chowder boil after adding the half-and-half. Serve hot.
Per Serving: 205 calories; 9.5 grams of fat; 20.5 grams of carbohydrates; 8.5 grams of protein; 25 milligrams of cholesterol; 561 milligrams of sodium.