Delicious cookie recipe with mini candy bars wrapped in a quick dough made from cake mix. This is a recipe passed down from a dear friend who would make these for her son when he was deployed to Iraq.
- 60 mini chocolate-coated caramel-peanut nougat candy bars (such as Snickers®)
- 2 (18.25 ounce) packages French vanilla flavored cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Unwrap all the mini candy bars.
- 2 Empty the 2 cake mixes into a large bowl, and stir eggs, vegetable oil, and water into the mixes. The batter will be stiff. Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into 1-inch balls. Push a mini candy bar into the cookie ball, and carefully cover the entire candy piece with dough. If any chocolate is visible, the cookie will leak. Place the filled cookies onto the prepared baking sheets.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven for 11 minutes. Cookies will not look brown on top. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before removing to finish cooling on racks.
- Calories 133.9
- Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Fat 5.9 g
- Fiber 0.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Sodium 135.4 mg
- Sugar 12.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.