I came across this idea when looking to serve favorite desserts in a cute and bite-size portion! The only work involved is the cutting out of your pie crust circles! You will wow your guest and friends with the presentation!
- cooking spray
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup (such as Karo®)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (15 ounce) package pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie, at room temperature
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 12 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 2 Mix white sugar, butter, and flour together in a large bowl until well combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and mix well after each addition. Whisk corn syrup and vanilla extract into sugar mixture; fold in pecans.
- 3 Roll pie crust pastry onto a floured work surface; cut into circles using end of a drinking glass or a biscuit cutter. This will make 11 crusts. Roll the scraps into a ball and roll back onto the floured surface; cut 1 more circle. Press each circle into the prepared muffin cups. Repeat with remaining pie crust pastry.
- 4 Spoon pecan mixture, about 2 tablespoons per pie, into pie crust pastry.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 18 minutes. Allow tarts to cool in muffin tins for 5 minutes before loosening edges from sides of tin; let rest 5 minutes more. Transfer tarts to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Calories 204.5
- Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 28.3 mg
- Fat 11.5 g
- Fiber 1.1 g
- Protein 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Sodium 115.2 mg
- Sugar 9.5 g