The Mint Julep deserves to be enjoyed all summer long, so do yourself a favor and try this refreshing classic cocktail before and after the Kentucky Derby.
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup
- 2 ½ fluid ounces bourbon whiskey
- crushed ice, divided
- 1 sprig fresh mint for garnish
- 1 Chill a julep cup in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- 2 Place mint leaves and simple syrup in the chilled julep cup; mash well with a cocktail muddler. Pour in bourbon and 1/2 cup crushed ice. Stir until chilled and top with remaining 1/2 cup ice.
- 3 Garnish with fresh mint.
- Calories 186.8
- Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Protein 0.1 g
- Sodium 8.3 mg
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.