What’s not to love about warm chocolate cake spiked with chocolate, coconut, and chocolate chips and topped with melting vanilla bean ice cream? This literally takes less than a minute to cook up and a couple minutes to prepare.
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ⅓ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- 1 ½ tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- ¼ teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder, or as needed
- 1 Whisk egg, sugar, salt, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, butter, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth. Stir coconut, almonds, and chocolate chips into the mixture; whisk in milk.
- 2 Place flour into a small bowl or measuring cup and stir baking powder into flour with a mini whisk or fork. Pour flour mixture over batter and whisk just until you can't see visible flour.
- 3 Divide batter evenly between 2 coffee cups. Gently tap the cups on a work surface to eliminate air bubbles.
- 4 Place cups into microwave oven, one at a time. Microwave each cup on High for 45 seconds. Nothing will happen in the first 30 seconds; in the last 10 to 15 seconds, batter will begin to rise in the cup. Cooked cake will collapse after microwaving. Remove from oven and let cool 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5 Lightly dust each serving with confectioners' sugar and 1/8 teaspoon cocoa. Place each coffee cup onto a saucer and serve.
- Calories 471.7
- Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Cholesterol 125.4 mg
- Fat 29.5 g
- Fiber 3.8 g
- Protein 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Sodium 190.6 mg
- Sugar 31.5 g