This simple and delicious green salad can be prepared ahead of time. I love the fresh basil!
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 8 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 In a medium bowl, stir together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, garlic and basil. Add cheese and tomatoes; tossing to coat. Cover and chill for 30 minutes to marinate.
- 2 Place salad greens onto serving plates. Top with the cheese and tomato mixture. Season with black pepper.
- Calories 272
- Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Fat 22.6 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Sodium 928.7 mg
- Sugar 4.4 g