I can no longer find my favorite coffee and chocolate granola in stores anymore, so decided to try and replicate it by using the ingredient list and tweaking several different recipes. This is the end result that I enjoy having with milk or as a topping for chocolate pudding or coffee ice cream.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup cocoa nibs
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground coffee beans
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons coffee-flavored extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2 Mix oats, coconut oil, hazelnuts, cocoa nibs, maple syrup, ground coffee beans, brown sugar, cocoa powder, instant coffee granules, coffee-flavored extract, kosher salt, cinnamon, black pepper, and vanilla extract together in a bowl; spread onto the prepared baking sheet, smoothing with a spatula.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes; stir and continue cooking until lightly browned and beginning to crisp, about 10 minutes more. Cool granola completely.
- 4 Mix chocolate chips into cooled granola and store in an air-tight container.
- Calories 340.5
- Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Fat 23.3 g
- Fiber 5.4 g
- Protein 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Sodium 370.5 mg
- Sugar 11.9 g