- Published Aug 11th
- Ready In35m
This recipe cooks up a nice mock steak and the bacon wrapping gives these ‘steaks’ a wonderful flavor.
Mock Filets Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Mock Filets for 6 servings:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
Mock Filets Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Mock Filets, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Mock Filets is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Mock Filets within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Mock Filets easily:
- 1 Preheat your oven's broiler.
- 2 In a medium bowl, mix ground beef and bread crumbs. Add eggs, onion, salt and pepper; mix well. Shape into 6 thick patties. Wrap bacon around the outside rim of each patty, and secure with a toothpick or kitchen string.
- 3 Place on rack in broiler pan or casserole dish and broil 5 inches from heat source for 10 minutes. Take out of oven and turn patties over.
- 4 Mix ketchup, brown sugar and mustard in small bowl. Spoon over patties, and return to broil for 5 minutes longer or until meat is firm, and no longer pink in the center.
Per Serving: 404 calories; 26.9 grams of fat; 19.8 grams of carbohydrates; 20.1 grams of protein; 128 milligrams of cholesterol; 1205 milligrams of sodium.