- Published Jul 14th
- Ready In1h 10m
This recipe is easy to make and feeds a crowd. Great to freeze also! This can be made more low-calorie by using ground turkey, fat free sour cream and low-calorie cream cheese. Serve with garlic bread and salad, if desired.
Mom’s Casserole Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Mom’s Casserole for 11 servings:
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Mom’s Casserole Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 10m
To cook Mom’s Casserole, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Mom’s Casserole is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Mom’s Casserole within 1 hour 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Mom’s Casserole easily:
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 2 In a large skillet over medium heat, cook hamburger, onion and garlic; add tomato sauce and simmer for a few minutes.
- 3 In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream and green onions; mix well.
- 4 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 5 In a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish, spread 1/4 cup of meat mixture on bottom. Layer with some egg noodles, cream cheese mixture and meat sauce. Repeat layers ending with meat sauce; top with Cheddar cheese.
- 6 Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until bubbly; serve.
Per Serving: 396 calories; 24.9 grams of fat; 26.1 grams of carbohydrates; 16.9 grams of protein; 99 milligrams of cholesterol; 279 milligrams of sodium.