A sure thing! Mom gave me directions to this recipe over the phone. Fast and easy; you and others will be pleasantly surprised and delighted at the wonderful taste!
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 (8 ounce) packages dry corn bread mix
- 1 (16 ounce) package ground spicy pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans oysters, liquid reserved
- 1 Place sweet potato in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain, mash, and set aside.
- 2 Prepare dry corn bread mix according to package directions. Crumble, and set aside.
- 3 Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside.
- 4 Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat, and stir in celery, green onions, onion, and parsley. Cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 5 Return cooked sausage to skillet, and mix in oysters and their reserved liquid. Allow oysters to cook about 5 minutes before stirring in crumbled cornbread and mashed sweet potato.
- Calories 374.9
- Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Cholesterol 54.9 mg
- Fat 22.7 g
- Fiber 1.3 g
- Protein 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Sodium 929.1 mg
- Sugar 5.5 g