This recipe is as easy as one-two-three and it is so good there are never any leftovers!
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pound processed cheese food (e.g. Velveeta), cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ¾ head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and shredded
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package corn chips
- 1 Place beef, onion, bell pepper, garlic and cumin in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until hamburger is evenly brown. Drain any excess fat.
- 2 Stir cheese, green chilies and tomato sauce into the beef mixture. Cook 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- 3 Equally divide lettuce among salad plates. Pour meat and cheese mixture over lettuce and garnish with chopped tomato and corn chips.
- Calories 617.2
- Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Cholesterol 79.5 mg
- Fat 32.7 g
- Fiber 5.3 g
- Protein 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Sodium 1630.1 mg
- Sugar 10.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.